Tuesday, May 30, 2006

An Outing Day

Yesterday went to Sacramento Old Town with Mr. and Mrs. H. It was my first time to meet Mrs. H. She is so kind and friendly. Actually the couple they are very nice. They purposely took me to the Sacramento Old Town to attend the Jazz Jubilee.

Sacramento Old Town. Is what you have seen from the TV, those cow boy town. The buildings are still well up keep and maintain. This is what I am going to praise the community and government. They deserve a merit on their contributions.



A lot of street performances during that day. They are art lovers. I saw a lot of brass band, singers, and the "Sampah" music as what Bahija told me before. Haha... Mrs. H bought me a Jazz Festival T-Shirt. She insisted me to take the present as for a remembrance. Both of them take good care of me on that day.

After the performance, we went to the Train Museum. Wah! I like the tunnel that they built. It is so real! Too bad, I didn't manage to capture a fine picture... The lighting of the room was too dim. I think the museum doesn't really mean for commercial purpose. When Mrs. H was asking about her friend that working in the museum, the ticket attendance asked us to go in directly without paying any entrance fees. We felt so bad and wanted to pay for the entrance. But she said is a compliment for us.

I had my dinner in Mr. H house. I can't believe that his house is so big! The land area of his house is 125,000 sq. He has a big house, garage, work shop and land. Is isolated from the town. In that area, they do not have any cell phone signal. While Mrs. H is preparing the food, she asked me about Asian cooking and food. She was preparing the salad and side dishes and Mr. H was grilling the chicken.

After dinner, is dessert time. We sat down and talk, exchange culture and value. She would like to understand the Asian culture as her son is dating a Korean girl now. She is an open minded person. She can accept anything even different religion or background. We really have a great chat.

1 comment:

Ruth Tam said...

What an enjoyable day!