Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Mimis Cafe

I visited again. The food is too delicious. Today I tried something different. I order a Chicken Pot Pie. Instead of green salad, I asked for the French Onion Soup. The soup is so rich and tasty. On top of the soup, it covered with a slice of French loaf and melted cheese. It was still hot, just came out from the oven.

Mom was having Corn Chowder soup because she doesn't take beef. Besides the soup, they also served with 4 slices of a small French loaf and 4 slices of bread cake type. We didn't grab that because we worry later on we can't finish the meal. The serving for today is kind of slow. I guess there was so mistake happened because one of the table waited for 30min but the meal was not served. The waitress and manager came out and apologized to the customers, because of one of the new waiter lost the order.

Our food, finally on our table. The Pie was so big and inside full of ingredients. Is just like the chicken soup pie type. The pie was not the crunchy pastry, it was the non sweet cookie. Very hot and delicious. My mom couldn't finish the fish and chip, so we "ta pao" back together with the bread and cake. I managed to get the website from the receipt. Visited the website and found the recipe of French Onion soup. I will try it once back home. :)

4 comments:

keng 坑 said...

you have reloc??

Bahija said...

aiyuh, miss my fav french onion soup :) ...i always ordered half and half - enough for me plus makaning their yummy bread. Half and half is half salad and half soup .... yummmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy

Kancil said...

got half half meh?
I thought you are not eating beef? French onion base is beef.

Ruth Tam said...

Sounds so good.